Afro Samurai Trailer...

in case ya'll were wondering, i had a blast at the SanDiego Comicon, and will be scramblin' to post on all the cool junk i saw, heard about, and/or picked up. that said, i spent an excessive amount'a time standing in line waiting for stuff. Case in Point: i stood in line probably an hour (and they kept marching us around, which really got on my nerves!) waiting to see the trailer for Afro Samurai... AND IT WAS WORTH EVERY MINUTE!!!
in addition to the show's creator, producers, teevee execs (no, afro samurai voice actor, star of the live action adaptation, and executive producer Sam L Jackson was not there... he was in another part of the convention promoting Snakes On A Plane... nah for real!), i got to meet the cat who's composing the score and putting together the soundtrack: The Rza (wu-tang, bobby digital, ring any bells? no? what are you doing here?)!

anyways peep the trailer. then pick up your tounge and wait feverishly with the rest of us... it debuts this winter on SpikeTV, with DVD release scheduled for spring 2007...
incidentally... RZA hinted that he had some interesting plans in mind for the soundtrack... including an appearance by Big Daddy Kane (if you are too young to know who that is, just nod in agreement, and ask your big brother later...)!!!

for my previous post on Afro Samurai, go here

holla!
samax

2 comments:

hungrytim said...

No doubt I am definitely excited about this show. I have been hearing about it for almost a year and I can't believe I finally saw the trailer. I've posted about this on my blog too.

artgyrl said...

I must say, I'm really feeling the hieratic scale you're using. That must take a while to format. . .

Anyway, as a fellow sketchbook allstar, I've been checking out everyone's blog. Yours is pretty entertaining, plus, you update regular. :D

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here