real Talk from the Original Short Dog...

Oakland EmCee/pioneer/pimp/pre-superThug-era badBoy Too$hort dropped MAJOR knowledge in a statement in Ozone, where he talks about the fallacies of gangsta/thug rap, and returning to his positive roots in 2008

"Some of our fathers and grandfathers were criminals and street thugs when they were young. I've always understood how the REAL drug dealers and gangbangers justified the homicides they were doing ...but somehow it doesn't settle the same way with me now that I'm 40 years old and my homeboy's sons are getting shot and murdered in the streets.

"I feel partially responsible for the state of mind these youngsters are in.
I can't 100% blame myself, Tupac, Master P, N.W.A., Scarface, any other rapper, or Hip Hop as a whole for the condition the streets are in now, but I know that if you look at the big picture, we all made thuggin', gangbangin', pimpin' and being a hardcore rapper look like fun..." short continues, "A lot of people in my generation eventually found out, after the judges started handing out 20-30 year sentences, that we were set up... "

"Earlier this year, I recorded a 10 song CD for Jive Records, the last thing I'll do with Jive as a solo artist... and this time I'm not celebrating my album release. I'm celebrating my release from a major label. I'm looking forward to being independent again. There are too many young homies getting killed for me to keep writing songs about bitches sucking my dick. I'm too intellegent to let my knowledge go to waste without passing down some of this real game to the youngsters. When I talk to politicians, teachers and parents, they all agree that rappers have a loud voice and we really don't use it to motivate the kids in a positive way."

This is the guy Pimp C was performing with in L.A. the night before Tuesday December 4th when Pimp C died and Too $hort's album dropped. thanks to ghettoManga award-winning emcee (and street reporter by nature!) Bavu Blakes for the heads up!
don't be hard, be easy...

samax.
www.ghettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here