there is a sole survivor, and he is MIRACULOUSLY unharmed...

so for those who don't know me personally, i work at a call center (because freelance art is a wee bit unstable) four nights a week, on the graveyard shift. since i got married last year, i live pretty far away from work, requiring a 45 minute commute. well, on the way home this morning, i fell asleep at the wheel and woke up with a face full of federally-required airbag, surrounded by the twisted metal, glass and plastic that usedta be my Neon. i pulled myself out of the smashed up window, and walked out of the cloud of dust to see an off-duty fireman who had stopped to help me. the shock on his face looking at my car made me feel like i had to calm him down...
"it's okay, dog... i'm a'ight..."
soon i was surrounded by cops and EMT fussing over me and the car, repeatedly telling me what i already knew: I was damn lucky to be Alive. as i sat in the ambulance letting them check me over, i couldn't help thinking of M. Night Shyamalan's instant-classic Unbreakable, because that's the kinda guy i am...
Unbreakable (2000) Starring Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson

so anyways, i'm okay. i got tons of stuff i wanna do with my life, and i'm even more resolved to get it all done!
holla!
---gM.

4 comments:

Vee (Scratch) said...

Count your blessings!

Samax said...

word!

B_Steelo said...

verily

Anonymous said...

damn, son!
glad you got through it awright...

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here