Jamar Gets VIOLENT!!!

that dude Jamar Nicholas (Detective Boogaloo) has been tapped to do the graphic novel adaptation of Fist Stick Knife Gun: A Personal History of Violence in America an assignment that marks a next step for the Philly-based cartoonist. in addition to advancing his career, this gig appeals to Jamar for other reasons.
“…When Beacon Press approached me with the opportunity to do a graphic adaptation of Geoffrey Canada’s memoir Fist Stick Knife Gun: A Personal History of Violence in America" says Jamar, "I read his book and saw myself in its pages. I knew exactly what a young Geoff went through, growing up in an unforgiving South Bronx neighborhood in the 1960s. Never mind that his story took place 15 years before I was born, I felt instantly connected. This same story is repeated every day in every inner city in the country but with higher, deadlier stakes at earlier ages. The only difference is that I didn’t worry about getting shot when I was a kid - that’s not the case, nowadays.”
-ghettoManga.com

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here