Scritch and Scratch to the RESCUE!!!

my blog subscriptions were really letting me down today... couldn't find anything of interest going on anywhere on the web until I ran across the most recent offerings by Scritch and Scratch, a pair super-talented brothas (I don't know if they're biological brothers or not) from Brooklyn. Looks like Scritch is getting his acrylic on lately, and the results are stunning!

These new paintings have a really light and authentic feeling to them, evoking Ernie Barnes, Justin Bua and Dr Seuss at the same time. Scritch will be at the Bedford Village Market today (at 8 Macon Street between Arlington Place and Nostrand Ave" in Brooklyn) selling his art, so if you're in Brooklyn, get familiar! These pieces will presumably be part of the offerings, but if you like them but can't get to the Planet, I'd advise dropping Scritch a comment or email and see if they are still available.
 so yeah, Scritch and Scratch is easily one of my favorite art blogs. when it's humming, the blog has a great balance of sketches, finished illustrations, and commentary on various subjects. I like it when artists speak. They don't necessarily have to explain their art to me, but just show their personality. Scritch and Scratch post lots of sketchbook stuff made while riding the train, which I love. Artists always underestimate the appeal of their sketches, but that's often what I enjoy best about illustrators' work. On the blog, Scratch drops tons of sketches, really showing a subtle understanding of personality, likeness and gesture. anyways, please check these cats out by clicking here!
holla!
-samax
ghettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

2 comments:

Vee (Scratch) said...

As Little John would say, "YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"
Thanks for the plug!

samax said...

no problem... I meant every word!

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here