Are You feeling the NEW HEROES FOR HIRE?

 I have a good feeling about the new Heroes for Hire series, even though it doesn't star Luke Cage, the original Hero-for-Hire (he's in enough books right now, I guess...). The new team has a new premise, wherein H4H alum Misty Knight acts as a handler of heroes she hand-picks for missions as she sees fit. "I'm owed a lotta favors by some useful people..." Knight says in Heroes for Hire #1 "I figured it was time I got creative..." I posted up some preview pages from the first couple issues below, so you could geek out with me...













Seems like Misty is graduating from baller to shot-caller status on this book, but I'm sure she will step out the booth and get her hands dirty from time to time. If these preview pages can be believed, this book is gonna be AWESOME! Abnett & Lanning (THE THANOS IMPERATIVE, PUNISHER: YEAR ONE) are known for dope outside-the-box writing, and Brad Walker (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY) is beating up the pencils like they stole somethin'... I gotta get my hands on these issues next time I roll to the comic shop.
holla!
samax.

7 comments:

Justin Stewart said...

I'm diggin it. And I think the art is amazing. Every page is luscious. The only problem I had with it is that only 2 of the 5 characters on the first cover showed in the book.

I was really wanting to see some Punisher/Ghost Rider collaboration.

Samax said...

word. It would make a great cover for the first trade, but kinda a tease for the issue itself. I am such a dork for most of these characters, so I appreciate this kind of approach.

Goldi gold said...

i got to get these joints!!!

Samax said...

word!

Arkonbey said...

It's good to see Falcon again (I've got bicentennial Captain American And Faclon tucked away somewhere)

However, I don't like the art. I found the figures stiff and the whole over-colored look has too little visual hierarchy to the panels for me.

Samax said...

I hear you. I think the art looks nice, but I can see what you're saying.

Troy said...

I am all about this book. I hope #2 keeps in line with guest appearance idea, but expounds on some continuity enriching plots for the Marvel U.

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here