#nowPlaying "Strange" by the Boogie Monsters


My homegurl Lashay has this bomb ass drawing of Marvel's Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Strange by that dude Jim Rugg (SUPERMAG, Afrodisiac, The Plain Janes, Street Angel: The Princess Of Poverty) as her profile pic on Facebook. Of course, it made me think of the Boogie Monsters track Strange, confirming that my mind is stuffed to busting with backpacker raps. Just to make the post official, I will add that Strange comes from the Monsters' mind-melting debut plate Riders of the Storm: The Underwater Album.
I remember buying this record back when it came out. I was in college, and was meeting lots of cats that were... okay, I'm just gonna say it: They were listening to wack raps! The reasons for this were various, but whatever the case, I was not tryin'a stand for it! Educated a lotta kids with this joint...

word.
-samax. 
  

Samax Amen is a full-time freelance cartoonist, illustrator and self-publisher who is trying not to waste so much time on the internet. It's a work in progress...

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here