*Shrug* I'd watch it...

I'm obviously a big fan of indie comic book dude and filmmaker Yehudi Mercado (Buffalo Speedway, Pantalones, TX), so that explains why I'm already in line to watch/read whatever Hero Hotel is gonna be.  Watch this youtube trailer and I'll hold a spot for you in line...


So far, I didn't see anything on Yehudi's website about Hero Hotel, so I can only speculate... but hey, speculating's fun, so let roll! My first guess is that this is a pitch video. As far as I can tell, Yehudi Mercado was already a monster on some guerilla filmmaking type isht, so having his book Pantalones, TX published by Archaia (which was bought by L.A. based publisher BOOM! Studios this summer) can only help a rolling boulder gain momentum in Hollywood. While it's totally possible that BOOM! is coaching him to pitch Hero Hotel in Tinseltown, it wouldn't surprise me if Mercado was shopping it for funding to make it himself.  With a background in commercials, indie films and animation, Yehudi Mercado's got the skills to make a hot movie or television show (cartoon or live action) and the hustle to sell tickets...
Yeah, that's her...
Yehudi does conventions like no one I have ever seen, so he knows how to find and serve a fanbase... all he needs is the loot! Whether it's Hero Hotel, or one of his other properties, with or without major studio funding, Mercado's gonna find his market, like a nurse digging for a vein... and then ya'll will be talking about how he's an overnight success, even though it's years in the making.
So yeah, it might be a good idea to stock up on Yehudi Mercado comics...
Just sayin'.


-samax.  

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here