I know I'm late, but damn: #RIP the mighty Akil Nadir...

My motto: Carpe Diem.
My frequency so high, the crowd couldn't see him.
-Akil Nadir  
Earlier this week, my dude Mike Hawthorne pointed out to me that influential D.C. emcee Akil Nadir had passed away. Neither of us live in the DC area, which I guess is how we managed to miss the news of Nadir's passing, which happened almost a year ago now. So I've been going back and listening to some of his stuff...
 Hip hop really lost a good one here... Mike actually introduced me to Akil's music a while ago, and I listened to him on occasion, but it wasn't enough. So I'm catching up...

"I don't know these niggas.
I don't speak to these niggas when I see these niggas. 
But still I seldom ever see niggas. 
I'm sitting with the brothas who build and think bigger..."
-Akil Nadir

I hear you, Akil. Keep building brotha. Keep building...

Peace,
-samax
Samax Amen draws people, places and things for fun and profit. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008. 
GhettoManga.com 
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

3 comments:

Ced Pharaoh said...

I really liked this MC!

Samax said...

Me too. :(

Mike Hawthorne said...

In a fair world he'd have been rich and famous. RIP to a great one.

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here