"I didn't think I could miss." -Meadowlark Lemon, on career 70% shooting accuracy. #rip

I was not into sports as a kid, but I eventually became nuts for basketball, and part of the credit (blame?) for that rest firmly on the broad shoulders of George "Meadowlark" Lemon III, the self-styled Clown Prince of Basketball. Before Jordan, Iverson, or Lebron could get my attention, I was introduced to Meadowlark as a child in the seventies, when he was the star of the Harlem Globetrotters cartoon shows (his character was voiced by Scatman Caruthers, but I didn't know that at the time), and their many appearances on Scooby-Doo.


It didn't matter to me whether the Globetrotters games were fake or real. Meadowlark and company had a cartoon show, so they were the greatest athletes in the world (yes, that's how it worked in my  ten-year-old mind). Also, they became superheroes for good measure.

Anyways, Lemon died two days after Christmas, presumably of natural causes.  Lemon was an ordained christian minister with a Doctor of Divinity degree from Vision International University in Ramona, California.  Lemon is survived by his wife Dr. Cynthia Lemon and ten children. He was 83.

Peace,
-samax 
Samax Amen is a professional Content Developer, Illustrator and Cartoonist. Click here to hire him to breathe life into your concepts.
GhettoManga.com 
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here