"I'm sick wit this. I'm miserable. Living with this is difficult..." @MenaceTheDJ


"I need to find another place that's more livable.
Maybe another Planet.  I hope it's Digable..."

I only knew DJ Menace as the dude who trades bars with a lawyer in a local radio commercial and  spins old school fire on BOOM94.5 (I still can't believe there's a radio station in Dallas I can stand to bump for more than two songs in a row, but that's a whole 'nother thing) until I tripped over this song Graphic Novel on Soundcloud just now.

I would'a liked Graphic Novel better if it had more comics references in it, but maybe it's just me.  It's stuffed with wordplay and braggadocio... plus he dropped some Star Wars lines in there, so who am I to complain?  Overall, a nice track.  Here's some more...

I liked the couple the songs I listened to enough to keep an eye (ear?) out for his next movements. Menace strikes me as an invaluable member of a crew, so I'm particularly interested in hearing more from The Addicts. 

As a radio jock, I have always appreciated Menace.  He's got a good sense of humor, a respectable comprehensive perspective on hip hop, and good insight into beats and rhymes.  So I'll check for him on the radio, but I'm happy to find this new (to me) side of his music career.  CLICK HERE to peep more soundcloud joints

Stay tuned.  I'm sure I'll have more to say later...
Have great day!
 -samax

Samax Amen is a professional Content Developer, Illustrator and Cartoonist. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008.



GhettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here