QUIT PLAYIN'! You KNOW you want this STORM #1 sketch cover by @SamaxAmen!

  


So I more or less finished this sketch cover for STORM #1 over the weekend, and here it is as promised, available to purchase. Because I am currently raising money to do stuff that needs to be done, I have this on sale for just $25 plus shipping. That strikes me as a pretty good (i.e. "low") price for an original piece of art, plus it's a comic. So you can read it or whatever.
I can guarantee that price will go up once my current financial pinch subsides.



I originally sketched the figure on a discarded document from work, then light-boxed it onto the cover with assorted markers and brush pens. I can't tell you how much fun this was to draw! I love Storm, even though I am perplexed with how she is portrayed half the time. I have tried to move away from drawing a lot of fan art, but Storm is hard to resist. Whenever I draw her, I try to imbue the images with her unique blend of regal nature, elemental power and bad-to-the-bone feminism.
Yeah, I used the F word. Storm is a feminist role model of the highest order! Under the pen of Chris Clairmont, Storm grew into one of the biggest bad-asses at Marvel.  She conquered claustrophobia, whooped Cyclops's ass (without her powers) to take over the X-men, and had cats like Wolverine and Magneto saluting her on a daily damn basis.

Don't get me started, son...

So anyways... if you want to buy this one-of-a-kind sketch cover of STORM #1 (for yourself or for a friend), click the button below and cop it before someone else does!


Peace,
-Samax
Samax Amen draws people, places and things for fun and profit. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008. 
GhettoManga.com 
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

5 comments:

afroindie said...

That's mine now.

afroindie said...

Seriously. I bought this.

Samax said...

Really? I didn't get the money. Try ordering it from here:
http://ziontific.blogspot.com/2014/10/for-sale-storm-1-sketch-cover-by.html

afroindie said...

U right. Didn't complete transaction. Unfortunately my situation has changed. I'll catch u on a future piece.

Samax said...

No problem! I know how it is :)

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here