No Common Sense?

Since his silver-screen debut in Smokin' Aces has been followed by turns in American Gangster and the upcoming action flick Wanted, Common has decided to quit rapping to persue film full time.

"I need a new fulfillment as an artist. I feel like I can become a bigger actor than I am a rapper. It's scary thinking, 'Damn, if I don't sell no records, what am I going to do?' When you haven't made multi millions in this game, you got to think about what you want to be doing when you're 50 or 60. I found an art that I really love and it's infinite."

cash rules.
how this will effect that record he was supposedly doing with Qtip is not really clear, but we shall see how this ball bounces...
holla!
samax.
www.ghettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

uuuggghhh!!! While I am happy that he has found a new muse to pour his creativity in...i really really wish he wouldn't abandon the music....but O well. We have so few rap artists on that tip...but I guess Common is tired of all the bullshit of the music industry and wants to take on some different bullshit. He will find plenty in the movie game, they are just as fickle, if not more.

B_Steelo said...

I don't get it? Why not go for both? That way you get twice the exposure. AND you don't have to worry about looming "RECORD SALES"

Anonymous said...

anovuh plan from da man to destroy da AfriCAN...

Samax said...

i agree... like most of my readers, i've grown up with hiphop, and i appreciate (even when i'm not mesmerized by the records) the fact that common makes "grown people" hiphop... i'm not happy about this choice.

hopefully com will change his mind and do both like mos, andre, and cube...

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here