PREVIEW- Falcon #6 (WAIT COME BACK! MISTY KNIGHT'S IN IT!)

I'ma let you peep this preview of Falcon #6... Then we can talk about Misty Knight...

The sales pitch:

Sam returns to New York, hoping to reconnect with the one and only Misty Knight! But their steamy (or stormy?) reunion is cut short when vampires descend on Brooklyn!






As an African-American man, I guess I SHOULD be a big fan of the high-flying Falcon.  But I'm not... I haven't picked up a single issue of this new Falcon series, and I never got around to reading Captain America when Sam Wilson was filling that role either.  Rumor around the GhettoManga offices is that his Cap comic was dope, so maybe I'll give the trade a chance... It has just been a while since I was excited about Sam Wilson. 
When I was a kid, I LOVED the FALCON miniseries by Priest (he was going by Jim Owlsey back then) and Mark Bright, which put the character through the ringer and showed his heart.  Remembering my enthusiasm for this series, I would love to be excited about the character, but I knew I wasn't when they brought Misty Knight in as his love interest.  I was mad about it, because he just isn't on her level in my mind. 
Misty Knight by Samax Amen. acrylic on canvas

I am a HUGE Misty Knight fan, and have always wanted to develop the character myself.  Misty Knight is one of the few Marvel characters whose comic I still have a burning desire to write and draw.  Too often her character exists to be another character's love interest.  I want to see Misty elevated to an elite level as a detective and ass-kicker, and she can't be that if she is defined so much by her  relationships to other heroes.

Anyways, I could talk all day about my favorite dark Knight detective.  But this isn't a preview of Misty Knight #6, is it?  If you like Sam Wilson as much as I should, you might wanna buy Falcon #6, which arrives in stores March 14th.


Samax Amen is a professional Content Developer, Illustrator and Cartoonist. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008.



GhettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture


Ads by Project Wonderful! Your ad here, right now: $0

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here