Making Comics with Samax Amen, PLUS a #ThrowbackThursday offer


Samax here.  Here's a sneak peak at a page I'm working on, PLUS some Throwback joints.  If you like this kind of content, click on the pencil to subscribe by email!




Hey, fam!


This summer had it's shares of ups and downs.  Right now, expenses are up and income is down (two major clients dropped out).

I am wrapping up some small jobs, but the main event of the fall is finishing up BiGS, the comic I'm working on for Upchuck Comics.

BiGS #4, pg 11 (detail) by Samax Amen
Adobe Photoshop + Cintiq

BiGs takes place in the near future, where environmental change has caused a mutation in a segment of the population who grow to 2 or 3 times the size of regular humans.  It's a roller coaster ride that manages to address the ways that climate change, the petroleum industrial complex, and the nightmare that is American healthcare and big pharma disproportionately effect marginalized populations.

You know, when the marginalized populace averages ten to twelve feet in height.

The first two issues of BiGS have art by my good friend (and one fifth of the mighty GhostWerks crew) Khalid "Steelo" Robertson.  I did artwork on issue three, and we split the art chores on the fourth issue, which I'm working on now.

If you'd like a signed copy of all three issues PLUS an original 8x11 ink drawing of one the characters (by me) mailed to your crib, click the button below to order for just $50 (includes domestic shipping).
BiGShot Bundle! $50

Throwback Thursday!
#ThrowbackThursday Sivion: Group Therapy Listening Party

Today Facebook Memories served up this flier (flyer? idk.) I did for the listening party for Sivion's album Group Therapy in 2013. I did all the artwork for that album, including a gate fold interior and back cover (see the artwork below).

Here's a snippet of video from the party.  You can see me drawing a little bit, and Sivion is seen lip-syncing to his verse from One On One.
Sivion's GROUP THERAPY Album Release Party
You can see me drawing a little bit in this video from the release party...
You can hear me say "This song made me feel like I could fight!" LOL!  The song Playing is ONE ON ONE by Phat Kats (Sivion and his twin brother Wushu)
Here's a YouTube playlist for the record!
Enjoy!


"Sivion: Group Therapy" by Samax Amen

So here's the album cover artwork for Group Therapy.  It is a heavyweight understatement to say that I am proud of this artwork and the album itself.  It's an incredible record, and I'm glad to be associated with it.
You can see the interior and back cover artwork here.
Click this button to buy a signed 11x11 print for $30.
Group Therapy Album 11x11 Poster

So after the album was done, and I saw the label talking about it and people commenting about the lead singles and what not.

I got excited and drew this image for fun.  Sivion and the label threw in some loot to buy the artwork, which wound up being used for the listening party promo art.

I sold a few copies of it at the party, which was cool.  You can buy a signed 11x17 print of this artwork for $40.
Sivion- Listening 11x17 Poster

I had a tough summer this year, but I am so grateful for all my clients, like Sivion and the great people at Upchuck Comics, who hire me to do such fun projects.

Before I go, I also wanna thank everyone who has bought my book #FreelancingFAIL so far.
Instant Download $9.99

I wrote #FreelancingFAIL: 6 Mindsets and Behaviors That Cause Freelancers to Struggle & How to Overcome Them  to help aspiring and struggling freelancers to avoid making the same mistakes I did in the years I've been doing it.

Following the advice in this book will help you get to a place of stability and independence much faster than I did.


#FreelancingFAIL is available for Instant Download for just ten bucks.

OR...

Take Your Membership to the Next Level, and get #FreelancingFAIL included FREE!

The paid VIP members of my fan club AMENsiders get access to all my new digital books for free, so I added #FreelancingFAIL to the files area before it even went on sale!
For more information about other benefits, and to sign up for your AMENsiders VIP Membership, CLICK HERE, and let me know if you have questions!

Well, I gotta get back to work,  fam.
Thanks so much for reading!
I'll talk to you later!
-Samax ("some AX") Amen

m o r e...

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here