#nowPlaying "Han Solo (Chewie Tell 'Em)" by @VerbalGunslinga

"Got a lotta friends and a lotta ends,
So I let the wookie win,
Like my name was Han Solo..."
-Verbal Gunslinger
 
I know next to nothing about Louisville to Richmond transplant Verbal Gunslinger... But when he favorited a tweet for my blog post about the last week's Conspiracy Worldwide Radio podcast, curiosity got the best of me... I followed a link in Verbal Gunslinger's Twitter bio to his website and clicked on the music player while I read through my emails. 
Eventually the music player landed on this sweet nerdcore joint Han Solo (Chewie Tell 'Em), and the combination of HeatRayz's hard-working club-banging track, Verb's slow-fast-slow flow and the immaculate use of Star Wars noises in the track demanded my attention. I couldn't ignore it anymore. 
This em-effer is dope!
 So I obviously had to share this one with you... I probably listened to this song twenty times while writing this post (I like to put songs on repeat and really get into them, cause I'm a nerd about this rap shit). I am not really ready to write about his body of work, or whatever album or mixtape or whatever that this song comes from, but I am comfortable saying that Verbal Gunslinger's a real student of rhyming Like I said, I don't really know that much about this guy. I checked his stuff out on a whim, and was impressed. Click here to hear more music and get some info from Verbal Gunslinger's website.

Peace,

-samax
Samax Amen draws people, places and things for fun and profit. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008. 
GhettoManga.com 
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dope flow f'true. Bro can spit!

Samax said...

Yup!

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here