If you remember this...


You Can't Stop The Prophet by Jeru the DamajaIf you remember this, then you're already familiar with the work of NYC-based illustrator Christian Cortes, whose work first reached me based on his ceedee designs for Jeru and other hip hop artists, but his art game is more expansive than that! he started out, like a lotta hip hop visual art cats, tagging. he's expanded into the magazine illustrating, fashion, galleries, and of course ceedee packaging."I‘m a Visual Artist working in New York City. I work as fulltime Art Director for an apparel company, as well as being a freelance illustrator and painter.
I have been working with record companies and the fashion industry for 15 years. Although my work can seem very clean and polished, i like to keep a sense of the hand done techniques still present...
My gallery painting style developed out of my graffitti background. I have been exploring combinations of graffitti typography with surrealism, abstraction, South American iconography and New York culture."
and he does comics too! peep his comicSpace page here. anyways, son is nice! for a peek at his catalog, go here, a'ight?
holla!
-gM

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here