"I feel like as an artist I need to start drawing pictures of super heroes beating up Nazis..." @OlaBetiku


Ola Betiku is my friend on Facebook.  He's from the DMV area, and we rarely interact more than liking each other's updates about current events, but when he said this quote about drawing heroes chin-checking Nazis, here's what I knew:

  1. I was definitely doing this.
  2. I would not be drawing Captain America, Spider-Man, or any other major publisher owned characters, because #fupm
  3. I wanted to draw black characters (no, the minority versions of Captain America, Spider-Man, and other major publisher-owned characters don't count, because #fupm)
  4. #fupm stands for Fuck You, Pay Me, which is to say I ain't drawing any characters that belong to any major corporations unless somebody pays me for it.  That is not a rule so much as a guideline that has evolved from my current mood.
So anyways, this is a picture of The Brother, a badass African time-traveler created by Jay Kelley.  I'm working on a story starring this character for the upcoming relaunch of GhettoManga Quarterly, but there's no Nazi robots in it.

HOWEVER, if you want to submit some art or short comics of your characters fucking up Nazis or other white supremacists, send 'em to me and I'll include as many of them as I can in the issue.  Get your art to me by January 31st to be included!




Peace.
-samax

Samax Amen is a professional Content Developer, Illustrator and Cartoonist. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008.



GhettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1st of all, this is the dopeness, 2nd of all, this is EL DOPINGTON, III 3rd, of all, I.WANT.IN. definitely doing this!!!

Samax said...

1st of all, Thank you. and of all, gracias!
3rd of all, bring it, sir!

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here