So... Are y'all excited to see VENOM, or nah?

There's more special effects, violence, and symbiotes in this VENOM trailer. So are we excited yet?




I haven't made up my mind about Venom, so that makes it an even better time to ask around about it. I'm not clear on whether they plan to try to sneak some Spider-Man Easter eggs into the story (I don't see the traditional spidervenom logo on his chest in the trailer), or whether I can tolerate it if they don't.
Remember that one time I drew Venom?

A VENOM movie that pretends Spidey doesn't exist or matter to the character would be rewinding superhero movies to the old days when each character inhabited a world where they are the only person with powers.  I can't say I'm excited about that idea.  Still, maybe it's interesting to see what they do?  The action horror elements of this trailer, and the grey area of a protagonist like Eddie Brock have made for good comics on occasion.  Will that work for me as a stand-alone movie?

Not sure.

What's your thoughts?

Samax Amen is a professional Content Developer, Illustrator and Cartoonist. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008.



GhettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here