#WuTangTuesday- HOLLOW BONES

Hollow Bones is one of my favorite Wu-Tang Clan songs, for which I flipped an old Ghost Rider sketch from my sketchbook.  Enjoy...
Hollow Bones 11x17 print $25 (includes domestic shipping)


I didn't buy Wu-tang Clan's third group album The W when it came out in 2000, but my dude Corance had it, I think.  When I heard Hollow Bones, I immediately loved it.  Sometimes, late Wu-Tang stuff feels strained, but RZA's sample on Hollow Bones grabbed me before I could consciously decide about it, and all the Raekwon, Deck, and Ghost all ride it like the golden era giants they are.  That started a resurgence of my personal appreciation of Wu-Tang that is pretty long-suffering, persisting to this day.



Anyways, there's no Ghost Rider reference on this song, but the song title (pulled from this deliciously painful sample of Syl Johnson's Is It Because I'm Black) made me think of Marvel's Spirit of Vengeance, so I figured I'd use that sketch...

Hope you like it.

Later.
"some AX"

Samax Amen is a professional Content Developer, Illustrator and Cartoonist. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008.



GhettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here