See, this is why I fux wif @VonPea! #nowWatching the video for "CHASING AMY"... album, beat and video by @OTHERGUYSMUSIC

Okay, all my A-alikes have seen and digested the low-budget Kevin Smith classic Chasing Amy so we know where this video for Chasing Amy aka In Your Heart is going, but knowing the mighty Von Pea has seen it too gives one of my favorite under-appreciated Brooklyn spitters bonus points with me, should he ever need to cash them in. Anyways, watch the new video...
Dope. I jumped on Google to find this video for Chasing Amy aka In Your Heart when the dynamic production duo The Other Guys' mention of it showed up in my Twitter feed. After a quick exchange I learned that Chasing Amy was a single off an album they did with Pea that dropped on HiPNOTT Records last month called To: You. One thing led to another, and before long I was streaming that joint via the magic of bandcamp.
After teaming up with The Other Guys on their hit summer single “Blow My Mind”, Von Pea (of Tanya Morgan) enlists the DMV duo to produce his latest solo album, To:You.

Laced with the soulful, smooth production of The Other Guys, To:You is a gift from Von Pea to... you. Speaking directly to the fans, Von’s raps are some of his best in recent Tanya Morgan history. Features on the album include Substantial, Kooley High, and the whole Lessondary crew on the posse cut “Connect Four aka Lessondary


The Other Guys were following (and followed by) GhettoManga on Twitter, so I must have heard them before, but I don't know where... but damn. I KNOW I HEARD 'EM NOW! Here they're providing soundscapes and visuals for Von Pea to get 'er done upon, and doing a damn good job of it. Their beat selection gives  To: You a nostalgic yet melancholy feel that is a perfect match for Von Pea's thoughtful growling. And when other rhymer's jump on with Pea for Connect Four aka Lessondary (feat. Jermiside, Che Grand, Aeon, Spec Boogie, ILWIL & Elucid), Pea opens his mouth a little wider to stay fed. When the record went into the second lap, So East Coast definitely cemented itself as my favorite track on the record. Maybe tomorrow I'll have a different fave.
Anyways, glad I got a look at this. Click here to cop that from the fine foks at HiPNOTT Records. Nuff respect also to The Other Guys, who have a spot on my radar for sure now!

Peace,
-samax
Samax Amen draws people, places and things for fun and profit. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008. 
GhettoManga.com 
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here