My favorite No Way Home Trailer Moment


Fan Art Friday: Doc Ock
 

Hey fam,

After watching that long-awaited Spider-Man No Way Home trailer a few times and settling into a mild anticipation of the film, I just had to draw the character I was most excited to see reprised:

Alfred Molina's Doctor Octopus.
Doc Ock Sketchbook Drawing
ballpoint pen and Crayola Markers in Big Black Sketchbook

Not bad for a sketch by lamplight with no reference. 

I immediately took a photo with my phone and dropped it into photoshop to clean up and add more colors.
Doc Ock by Samax Amen.

I watch the first two Sam Raimi Spider-Man films pretty frequently. 

Raimi's melodramatic direction whips the tone back and forth between soap opera drama and camp horror in a way that's perfect for capturing the tone that has historically carried Spider-Man comics, from Lee and Ditko to Michelinie and McFarlane. 

I still consider Spider-Man 2 the best Spidey film ever, and one of the best superhero movies ever.  One reason for that is Raimi and Molina's rendition of Doctor Octopus.  He embodies the mad scientist of the comics I grew up on perfectly. 

Want this drawing on a greeting card? You can order the card for $3.50, or subscribe to AMENsiders*, for $10/month and I'll send you a Doc Ock card right away.


*If you're already in AMENsiders, just let me know you want it, and I'll send you this card right away!
Get This Card $3.50
That's it for now. 

Let me know if I can help you with anything!

Have a great day,
-"some AX"
LIKE GREETING CARDS + POST CARDS?
Get MONTHLY CARDS + MORE For
Just $10/MONTH!
All AMENsiders VIP members get at least one Monthly Greeting Card or Post Card with my art in their mail box every month! 

I'm not talm'bout cheesy business promos, either!

I'm talking about cool personalized greeting cards and postcards with my art on 'em! Greetings, birthday cards, holiday cards, and whatever excuses I can think of to send you a small piece of collectible artwork. 

Let me know if you have questions!
JOIN NOW $10/MONTH


GhettoManga.com
comics|hiphop|news|art|culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here