I'm really proud to be involved in that new @Headkrack video TURN ME UP...

I did the illustrations for the video to Headkrack's song Turn Me Up a while back, and I had already seen the video footage and heard the song many times.  So you would think I would be already be prepared to the positive response the video has gotten since Krack dropped it last week. I wasn't...



I remember when Headkrack came to me to do artwork for Turn Me Up, I probably listened to the song like a million times while I was working on these drawings, and it never got old.  It's just bangin' lil joint.  The video is directed by Teddy Cool, who applied subtle animation effects to the artwork, incorporating it into the video in ways I didn't expect.

I first met Headkrack in the late nineties, when I was part of Necessary Essentials, a local hip hop art collective that did pop-up art gallery/ hip hop show type events. Krack was (and remains) one of the illest freestyle rappers I had ever seen.  Krack exhibits a combination of talent, work ethic, hustle, and exuberance that is inspiring.  

He has earned every scrap of respect and success he's got.

Word is, Turn Me Up is a single from a new solo album Headkrack is working on.  As soon as I have more to tell, I'll let you know.  


Have great day!
-samax

Samax Amen is a professional Content Developer, Illustrator and Cartoonist. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008.



GhettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOOOOOOOOOOO!! DOPE SHET!!!!!

Samax said...

yaaaas!
Proud to be a part of it!

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here