"Pops disappeared, nigga taught me magic. My idea of fun growing up was doing bad shit" -@iamStickyFingaz #WakeDaFucUp

Sigh... I just had a birthday a couple weeks ago, and according to the candle count, I'm way too old to be this excited about beatdown rap, but dammit this is ONYX! So, yeah...

We Don't Fuckin' Care is off Onyx's new album WAKEDAFUCUP, and in case that doesn't entice you to listen, it also features nice verses by A$AP Ferg and Sean Price. WAKEDAFUCUP is produced entirely by Snowgoons, who have obviously been frozen in ice since 1995 (and I mean that in a good way). I don't have time to get into how Onyx fits into the early-to-mid nineties hip hop Fight Club culture, but I was definitely scaring the shit out of passers-by rapping along to Onyx's debut plate BACDAFUCUP in my headphones during my first year of college. 

"Hip hop started out on the block.
I fell asleep at the wheel and shit crashed into pop..."
-Sticky

I'm not sure how WAKEDAFUCUP will catch on with today's young troublemakers, but I hope old heads will give it a try, because this is an authentic offering of classic east coast hardcore rap. With the Snowgoons provide the perfect sonic environment, Fredro and Sticky Fingaz continue to grow into their gravelly sound, feeling at least as official today as when BACDAFUCUP dropped twenty years ago. Great work from all involved.
Anyways, I gotta get to work. Click here to cop WAKEDAFUCUP on Amazon.
peace...
-samax.
   

Samax Amen draws people, places and things for fun and profit. Whenever possible, he makes it awesome. Click here to join his fan club and get hooked up with lots of cool junk.
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture
Album art by GhettoManga

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here