"That's what happens when you have two sisters, no brothers, and idle time..." @MethodMan, speaking on his early influences

My favorite member of the mighty Wu-Tang Clan, the inimitable Method Man, digs into his influences in this bit of animated youTubery courtesy of the fine folks at Grantland.

Yes. Method Man had a respectable gotee at four years old. Thanks for asking. I have never been particularly interested in doing animation, but seeing this kind of stuff makes me want to get into it. Or I guess I should say, get BACK into it. I worked on a flash animation team doing character/props/background designs, illustrations and stuff for a couple years, but when the company I worked for was gobbled up by a larger company and I got laid off, I found it hard to get another job in that field. Maybe I'll go back to school and learn the whole process better. Something to consider...
Anyways, this is awesome! For more Wu-Tangimation, click here to check out that GZA animated interview from FRAMES. Props again to Grantland for this. Classic material!


Peace,
 -samax
Samax Amen draws people, places and things for fun and profit. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008. 
GhettoManga.com 
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here