"Not proud of borders there were natives here before us... displaced before the fires & black forest" @RagingMoses

I never heard of Raging Moses until I recently ran across this track on Soundcloud.  Geez, this is my joint right now... This cat is from Colorado (in case you missed that) but he really gets inside of concepts surrounding pride of place. Love for your city and all that.

I grew up in a military town, surrounded by people from other places that they all thought were better.  Now I live in Dallas. Most people in Dallas are from somewhere else too. Lot of peeps from New Orleans, New York, and Cali... complaining about the food, culture, or lack thereof. 

Whatever.

I don't really have an attachment to "home" as a concept.  I'm from the "It's not where you're from it's where you're at" school of thought.  I'm not much of a world traveler, but I never really appreciate a place until I move away from it, either. I am kinda suspicious of people bragging on their hometown. It reminds me of nostalgia and nationalism.  The results of years of brainwashing that is used to influence unneeded purchases. As I reread that, I'm overstating it, but you see where I'm going, right?

Maybe not.

Anyways, this song really moved me.  I like how Raging Moses celebrates love of home on Blue Sky, while also inviting us to parse and question it.  It's not double-minded or hypocritical, it's just deep.  Moses has the combination of tough loudmouth delivery and sensitive writing that makes J. Cole inspiring.  If you're anything like me, you'll click here to look into this cat further.
 

Peace,
-samax 
Samax Amen is a professional Content Developer, Illustrator and Cartoonist. Click here to hire him to breathe life into your concepts.
GhettoManga.com 
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here