#nowPlaying @ActionBronson and Statik Selektah "Well Done" mixtape.

Action Bronson (sketch) by Samax
Yeah... I came across a youTube link for Well Done, the mixtape by Queens-based emcee Action Bronson and Statik Selektah this morning and was feeling it. One thing lead to another and before the record was over, I had banged out a 30 minute sketch of Bronson...

The content of Bronson's raps are very dark and disturbing, but he delivers them with a lot of charisma, so for me at least, he is hard not to like.  The sonic backdrops provided by Statik Selektah are very dope too. Classic New York hip hop. I think my dude Jamar is the one who originally put me on to Action Bronson... but it might have been Marq Spekt, so I'll give props to Jamar and Spekt just to be sure. Seen?

Anyways, I drew this sketch on my cintiq in Photoshop CS3. Like I said, it took about 30 minutes. If you want to see more of my 30 minute sketches, you should click here. I gotta get back to work!

peace...
-samax.
 

Samax Amen draws people, places and things for fun and profit. Whenever possible, he makes it awesome. Because you demanded it (well, maybe not YOU, but somebody did), his freestyle comic Spontaneous will be returning this year. He also wants to draw at least 14 album covers in 2014, so click here if you need album art.


comics. hiphop. news. art. culture
Album art by GhettoManga

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here