Scream Phoenix...

yeah, I drew some Phoenix Jones fan art...

Dark Phoenix by Samax Amen
This piece will mean more to you if you've read this, but the short version is that Phoenix Jones is a real live costumed crimefighter who runs around foiling petty crimes and such in Seattle. Already something of a folk hero in Seattle, Jones was actually interviewed on Good Morning America, alongside other members of the Rain City Superhero Movement
After the art auction last night, I hung out with friends at an all-night cafe and we had the most hilarious conversation ever about this dude (two words: Bathrobe Ninja). If someone would have videotaped that conversation, we could'a won an award or something! But one of the things that was said was, no matter how this ends (and I'm convinced it will end badly), it is definitely pretty awesome...
Anyways, I drew this last week as a warm up. Hope you like it!
holla!
-samax.

6 comments:

nerd said...

Hope ur on DCUO - if so u have to make this character - btw i run a blog called nerd news - we do very sim stuff - i want to big you up there and i was hoping we could cross link

my email theedj1@gmail.com - ed johnson presents on fb and ejpnerdnews on twitter - holla

Art Love said...

yesyesyesyesyes
and
yes.

Samax said...

@Ed J- that sounds cool.

@ ArtLove- BATHROBE! NINJA!

B_Steelo said...

Make a logo and a Halloween mask

o f l o d a said...

Haha wow! That's crazy! I hadn't heard about this dude. The drawing is dope. I wonder if that makes him the first ever true life super hero?

Samax said...

@ Steelo- you're better at logo design than I am :)

@ Ofloda- I have never heard of anyone trying it, but I can't say.

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here