SANCT is for the babies...




Okay, don't get mad at me for that! I saw this 'cause I subscribe to Bavu's youTube channel, and wanted to blog it just so I could use that blog title. And since this is my blog, I did!

Here's an interview Bavu and producer Reggie Coby did with Longhorn Hip Hop in Austin at a release party for SANCT EP in August of 2011. Good stuff if you're a fan like me. Since this was recorded, Bavu did a an uber-successful Kickstarter campaign, so SANCT EP is funded and in the pipe. As he alludes to in the video, Bavu's previous producer and emcee Symbolyc 1 (S1 if you're nasty) of the mighty Strange Fruit Project went on to produce tracks for the big name rappers and singers other people are infatuated with.  
S1 has already won a Grammy for his work and his star is still rising... All I can think of is that album Bavu and S1 recorded that I never got to hear. I will be campaigning to hear that, of course! If the Lord smiles on my prayers, (and Bavu says it's okay) I will let y'all hear it too...
Because we are all friends here, I copied and pasted some flambe from a previous #BavuTube post that includes a few S1/Bavu collabs, among other things. 
Enjoy.
...








"Southern Man" by Bavu Blakes

This song inexplicably turns a Neil Young sample into a southern rap anthem that would make Bavu (and beatsmith Sae One) immortal if there was any justice in the hip hop industry [HINT: There isn't]. Bavu's brilliant lyricism and thinking man's perspective combine flawlessly with his southern 'broadcast drawl' to create indie rap euphoria...









We Three Kings by Symbolyc One & Illmind - [feat. Myth, Bavu & Chucky Sly]

This is dope... Another S-1 collab...









Who Knows by Bavu Blakes
Another classic...  another collabo with S-1 (
Symbolyc one of SFP) I think.









21 Rappers by Bavu Blakes...

I wish I knew who that second dude was (he KILLED his verse), but I don't. This song is on the Woodgrain Collection mixtape Bavu did w/ frequent deejay accomplice Rapid Ric.









Too Selfish by Bavu Blakes & deejay Rapid Ric

I have heard more than one version of this song, which was the title track to an album that was supposed to come out awhile ago. I probably missed it (hmph!) I liked the live version that was on one of the (many) mixtapes I have from Bavu...









Slow Burn by Hydroponic Sound System f/Bavu Blakes, Headkrack, and Steve Austin.
This was on Mixtape Mentality. If you live in the Dallas area and don't have at least one Hydro mixtape, you are officially snoozing. Your hip hop card is on probationary status until you correct this oversight. Thank you.









Black Gold by Bavu Blakes

this Live performance is of Black Gold with the remix beat done by S-1 of strange fruit. easily my favorite song by Bavu, and one of my fave songs of all time. I already liked Bavu the first time I heard this, but his flow over this track showed just how dope he could be. This cut was originally on his mySpace page, but not available on ceedee, and very hard to come by. When i finally got it, it felt like I had struck black gold for real!


Here's one I never heard before with NickNack and Crew 54...

Anyways, SANCT EP drops May 22nd, so gird your loins or whatever. For more of my gushing and additional bavuTube classics, click here. Make sure you check out his blog here for more of him doing what he do.

 holla!
-samax.  

3 comments:

BAVU said...

big timer trivia: my son is audible twice during my verse on "the time next" (dap)

Samax said...

NICE!
On the birth certificate it states 'A Star is Born'...

Samax said...

yup...

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here