Here's the EBONY OWL character design I did for J.R. LeMar...

This design I drew for J.R. LeMar's EBONY OWL character got a ton of likes on Facebook, so I figured I share it here...








I knocked out a new Character Design from my frequent client and collaborator J.R. LeMar (remember: that's "Jay Arr" not "Junior").

One of J.R.'s favorite things to do is revamp golden age characters that have fallen into the public domain.

Over the weekend I banged out a design for J.R. that was jumping off from two Batman-inspired characters, The Black Owl and The Owl.

Thankfully, he didn't want me to copy those costumes. Ugh.

J.R. basically just asked me to draw a Batman-inspired character using a brown and black color theme. I immediately had an idea what I wanted to do.  

 

Anyways... Meet the Ebony Owl.

This was a lot of fun to draw, and I was able to knock it out in one sitting. 


 

You can see more of J.R.'s original characters and revamps at TheJRLemarJournal.com, or check out more of my collaborations with J.R. on my blog GhettoManga.

Well, I gotta get back to work.

This week I am finishing a four page comic for a client that I'm excited to share with you in a future email!

Then, I also need to work on some comic strip scripts for another client.

If you think you might need my help on something,
click here to hit me on messenger.

You're also welcome to schedule a free (no pressure) phone or video call here to talk about your project.


So that's all for now, fam.

Thanks again for reading! 


Peace,
-Samax ("some AX") Amen
Join the conversation on Facebook


Samax Amen is a professional Content Developer, Illustrator and Cartoonist. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008.

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here