You missing your co-workers yet, fam?








Here's an old comic strip of mine that I added some color to this week.

I drew this strip with Adobe Photoshop back in January based on a viral tweet.  I found it super interesting, because it was about a mildly awkward moment at work.

Even as someone who's been working from home full-time since 2017, I can appreciate the impact that Social Distancing has had on my work life.

For one thing, I had to ramp down the Live Art section of my business, which was a growing and very satisfying part of what I do.

"Forgot To Codeswitch at Work" written by Doobie Howser. Art by Samax Amen
Forgot To Codeswitch at Work written by Doobie Howser. Art by Samax Amen

I graduated from introvert to hermit long ago, but even I use a co-working space a few days a week for the benefit of being around other humans.

Because of the recommendation to avoid non-essential office dwelling, I have had to try other means to stay connected to others:

  1. Talk by phone- You could use your actual voice to talk to some of your co-workers, clients and customers by phone.  E-mail and social media are great, but it's good for you to hear voices throughout your day, so you won't feel like you're working in a bottle.
  2. Video interactions- Video conferencing technology is not just for boring meetings.  Jump on Zoom, Skype or whatever with a bunch of work friends instead of an email chain.  Share a smile and chit-chat before (and after) getting down to business.
  3. Take walks- Make a habit of walking around your neighborhood and waving at neighbors. Absorbing some nature and sunlight will help your physical, emotional, and mental health.  You can maintain your social distancing while getting a 15-20 minute walk in..
I hope these tips help.  Let me know some ways you're maintaining during this time so I can share your ideas with others.

Today (Sunday) is the last day to get the 2 for 1 deal on my Batman Stciker offer.

This offer is benefitting Direct Relief, a nonprofit that helps provide Personal Protective Equipment to health workers responding to Caronavirus. In the U.S., Direct Relief is delivering protective masks – along with exam gloves and isolation gowns – to health care organizations in areas with confirmed COVID-19 cases.

Batman: Rise to the Occasion by Samax Amen

So for every one of these 3 x 4 inch Batman: Rise to the Occasion Vinyl Stickers I sell, I will donate $1 to Direct Relief.  That's 20% of the $5 purchase price (which includes domestic shipping).  Place your order by this weekend, and I will give you 2 Stickers for the Price of One.
Buy A Sticker!

Hang in there, fam!
If you need anything, I'm here for you.

My phone number is (469) 571-9452 in case you'd like to talk to me.  If I don't answer, just leave a message and I'll call you back.

Or click here to schedule a time here, and I'll call you.

Let's have a great week!
-Samax


*P.S. - If you own a business or have some kind of side hustle or whatever, you may be tempted to pull back, but this is actually a great time to expand your online marketing efforts.

If you need help with content marketing, feel free to ask me questions.


be safe out there . . .

If you enjoyed this, please share!

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here