Kindle Book Review- "BadAzz MoFo's Book of SPAGHETTI WESTERNS" by David F. Walker

My review of BadAzz MoFo's Book of SPAGHETTI WESTERNS

My first exposure to David Walker's work was through reading his self-published magazine BadAzz Mofo, which eventually spawned a dot com of the same name. Walker writes exhaustively about movies, comics and other pop culture tidbits in his own unique voice (i.e. there's cussin' and stuff). Among the many genres of film, Walker has written a fair amount of reviews of films in the so-called Spaghetti Western genre, and this book is a collection of those reviews.

I bought this book looking for a comprehensive education on Spaghetti Westerns, and that's exactly what I got. Walker explains the origins and history of the genre, and points out the films that serve as its high and low water marks.

I think it will frustrate you if you try to read through this book in one sitting. Because Walker reviews so many films with the same characteristics (good and bad), it will get repetitive. So, if you buy it, don't try to read it in one sitting or you'll be sorry. BadAzz MoFo's Book of SPAGHETTI WESTERNS works well as a Kindle book, because the links to YouTube movie trailers enhance the reading experience. I think it might still work in print, but I don't know how he could replace the added value of the YouTube trailers.

Anyways, BadAzz MoFo's Book of SPAGHETTI WESTERNS is a good "waiting" book. I read waiting books whenever I have to wait in line, when I go to the doctor, when I get stuck at a boring family gathering, etc. Because each article was originally designed to stand alone, I don't have to go back to refresh my memory if it's been a while between readings. Thanks to this book, I have a Wikipedia-level knowledge of Spaghetti Westerns, or at least enough to fake it at parties. So, mission: accomplished!
If you too would like to know everything about a cinematic movement that continues to influence your favorite action movies to this day, click here to cop BadAzz MoFo's Book of SPAGHETTI WESTERNS for your kindle or other app-enabled device.
As always, I welcome discussion via comment, or social network!
-samax.  

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here