PREVIEW: Django Unchained #1 (cover by Jim Lee & Alex Sinclair)

In preparation for the film's release on Christmas Day, Vertigo is dropping the comic book adaptation of the script for Quentin Tarantino's western Django Unchained later this month, complete with Jim Lee cover...

Here's the Sales pitch:

• Oscar-winning writer/director Quentin Tarantino’s latest epic film script is adapted for comics!
• The blood-soaked tale of a bounty-hunting dentist and his partner, a recently freed slave, in the post-Civil War South!
• This is an adaptation of the full screenplay, including scenes that may not make it into the final theatrical cut!

In case you missed it, here's the movie trailer...





I was not a big fan of westerns as a kid, mostly because my mom freaking LOVED them! Growing up in the eighties, we only had one television, so I was held hostage by those dusty old tales of white dudes with attitude. As I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate the genre in film, teevee and (of course) comics. Despite all the debate going on, I was immediately down for Django Unchained, in what looks to be another winner for Jamie Foxx. Since it seemed like a love letter to the so-called Spaghetti Western (including many, many films with "Django" in the title), I bought David Walker's book to help me bone up on the genre. It's a good book, so stay tuned for my review soon.
Anyways, Django Unchained #1 rides into comic shops December 19th, and the movie opens in theaters Christmas Day.

-samax.  

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here