#BegBorrowSteal- "Darius Logan and the Super Justice Force" by David F. Walker

I don't read novels much. Don't get me wrong: I read books, just not a lot of fiction. My fiction reading is largely limited to graphic novels, but I enjoy a "real" novel every now and then. When I saw David Walker (BadAzz Mofo, Blind Monkey Style) pimping Super Justice Force (The Adventures of Darius Logan), I bit the bait. I'm seriously glad I did...


Here's the Sales Pitch:
Darius Logan is an orphaned teenager in serious trouble. Facing time in prison, he instead enters Second Chance, a rehabilitation program for ex-criminals operated by Super Justice Force, the world’s greatest team of superheroes.

Working side-by-side with reformed supercriminals—and the superheroes he idolized as a child—Darius creates a new life for himself. But when the forces of evil threaten to destroy everything around him, can a kid with no superpowers do anything to save the day?

A refreshing new take on superhero mythology, Darius Logan: Super Justice Force is the two-fisted tale of an ordinary young man’s coming-of-age in an extraordinary world of professional do-gooders and sinister villains.

“Here is undeniable proof that pictures aren’t required to tell a great superhero story.” – Brian Michael Bendis, Ultimate Spider-Man, Powers
Super Justice Force (The Adventures of Darius Logan) is a well-written superhero story that stars a non-powered protagonist. Similar to comics like Marvels, Kingdom Come and Astro City, Super Justice Force (The Adventures of Darius Logan) drops the reader into its world of superheroes, villains, aliens and conspiracies already in progress. The simultaneously wide-eyed and jaded Darius Logan serves as a medium through which the reader can absorb this rich and fascinating universe crafted masterfully by Walker. The author takes his time laying the groundwork of the larger world Darius inhabits, in particular the environment of Super Justice Force headquarters where Darius serves as support staff. 

David Walker paints a picture of Darius and the many other characters that make up the supporting cast. What impresses me the most is that he manages to do all of it in the course of telling a good story. I never felt bogged down with details. I never asked myself "why is he bothering to tell me this?" Walker tells his story in such a way that each reveal helps keep the story moving instead of slowing it down. 

Super Justice Force (The Adventures of Darius Logan ends in such a way that I am satisfied with what I read, but I also want to know (and read!) what comes next. I'm pretty sure anyone who has ever enjoyed superheroes in any medium would enjoy this book. It gets my highest recommendation. Cop Super Justice Force (The Adventures of Darius Logan) on Amazon, or where ever you can find it. But GET IT by any means!

-samax.  

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here