Gotta increase my pledge on @VacantComic's Kickstarter so I can get this EXCLUSIVE @RossCampbelll Print!

Around this time last year, I wrote a review of Heather Nunnely's fledgling sci-fi webcomic Vacant, promising to back it on Kickstarter if and when she completed her first story arc. Two weeks ago, despite my chronic brokeness, I kept my word. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can afford to raise my pledge so I can cop this Kickstarter Exclusive print of Ross Campbell's interpretation of Vacant's star, Commander Hayze.



In case you missed my previous post, Vacant follows Commander Hayze, an agent of "The Eye" a powerful alien government/ corporate agency. Sent on a seemingly simple rescue mission, Hayze stumbles upon a possible explanation for the near extermination of the human race that had taken place over 100 years prior. 
Hayze falls into what we like to call the Bastard Archetype. He is skilled, hardworking and respected, but otherwise pretty unlikeable. Through the coarse of the first couple chapters, we see that he has a sensitive side, which magnifies his choice not to use it 98% of the time. Good stuff... Vacant has exceeded its modest printing goal, thanks I'm sure to the series' broad appeal.

"Readers range from teenage women to adult men all over the world." says Nunnely of her sci-fi comic. "The graphic novel is intended for everyone over the age of 16 to enjoy. If you are a fan of Doctor Who, Mass Effect, Stark Trek, Hunger Games or Alien, then Vacant is  right down your alley."
"If you are not a science fiction fan," Nunnely adds, "Vacant is paced in a way that makes it easy for new readers to engage. There is also an online directory that helps you pronounce character's names, understand unfamiliar worlds, and other terminology..."

I appreciate the obvious work that goes into writing Vacant, which is a great read and even better re-read. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on my copy of the graphic novel. Maybe if some money falls out of the sky in the next 15 days I can upgrade to get that Ross Campbell print! Click here to check out the Vacant Kickstarter for yourself!
 

-samax.  

2 comments:

ImagineTheEnding said...

Thank you so much for righting this! It means so much to me!!

Samax said...

No problem! CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your goal! Go go go!

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here