okay, they got me...

i can't remember the last time i fell for a hoax e-mail. don't get me wrong... i get just as many pyramid-scheme/international bank fraud/attempted phisching/identity theft emails as the next man, but somehow i had shielded myself from spreading them. but they did manage to get me this time.
i'm referring to my recent post of a press release i got supposedly from the Urban Institute about the Non Urban Dictate. i left the post up so you could go back and see what i posted and corrected it at the bottom and in the comments. it's embarrasing to get caught being wrong, but i would rather be honest than hide from it. as it turns out it was a hoax, and not a new one. after a little googling, i found webpages debunking this going back as far as 2002.
i intended to research it further anyways, in order to be safe to put in my magazine, but a big thanks to commenters who questioned me on this and sent me back to the lab earlier.
holla!
-samax

2 comments:

Corance said...

It happens to the best of us. Don't sleep just 'cus this one was a false alarm, though.

Samax said...

no worries... i got my eye on all them nukkas...

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here