"We're all initiated into the League of Shadows. I told Raven to keep her eye on the Sparrow..." -Vast Aire

I am already on record as having said that the team behind The Cold Vein had already made the best record they would ever make in their lives. That isn't a diss. Cold Vein is just that good. R.A.P Music, the album El-Producto did with Killer Mike didn't change my opinion about that, and neither did these three new Cannibal Ox songs. But like El and Mike's record, this Gotham maxi-single sure is dope...

Gotham introduced me to Can Ox's new producer Bill Cosmiq, and I gotta say he does a great job on these tracks. It's well known to long-time readers that I love Vast Aire and Vordul Mega, having bought solo records from both of them since the falling out with El-P. There are certainly sure to be lots of Can Ox fans who lament that El-P isn't producing this, but I'm not one of them. El is doing what he's doing, and Vast and Vordul are doing new Can Ox records on Vast's Iron Galaxy label. It is what it is. And what it is isn't bad...
As for the future, I have no idea or theory about when we will get more Can Ox songs, let alone a new album. They say they're working on it, so I'll leave it at that. For now, you can click here to cop the maxi-single Gotham in mp3 or vinyl on Amazon.
 -samax.  

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here