Yes, DC's "Young Justice" Cartoon (with black 'Aqualad') will debut this fall on CN

Cartoon Network and DC's blog the Source have (finally) confirmed all the rumors. Young Justice will follow the exploits of teenage superheroes looking to prove themselves worthy to join the ranks of their better-known elders in what will be (i'm sure) a more angsty take on teen heroics than Teen Titans Go.

The lineup for the team is Robin, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, Superboy (Conner Kent), Artemis and Aqualad. I find it kinda funny that the two black characters both have blonde hair and blue eyes (maybe 'Artemis' just has a tan?), but you know how I am...  they must be "post-racial"...
anywho, I doubt the tone of the book will be anything like the comedic Young Justice comic that Peter David wrote back in the day, but I guess I could be wrong. Any thoughts? what do y'all think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be damned if I ever figure out wtf "post-racial"'s supposed to mean. Looks good, though, even if Blonde-haired-Blacks is PLAYED OUT in comics. (Maybe they're mixed? Us mixed kids can come out with some funky hair colors, sometimes)

Empath said...

I am actually looking forward to this, especially if Tim Drake is in it. Is that Kid Flash Wally West? If it is, that is also a plus. It'll be interesting to see these black characters play out, especially the Black Aqualad.

Samax said...

I'm actually looking forward to it, too. I've enjoyed the stuff I've seen from the creative team.

I was just feeling unusually snarky when I wrote this...
:D

Arkonbey said...

having never seen Miss Martian, all I could think of when I saw the picture was: "Heh. Marsha Manhunter"

Kwinnky said...

I would have preferred Static, since he's an official DC Character now.

Samax said...

@arkonbey "Marsha Manhunter" is a much better name than Miss Martian!

@Kwinnky I agree, although who knows what rights issues still exist with the old static shock cartoon...

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here